- 1- 13.5oz can coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 Tsp honey
- 1/4 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup finely ground nuts / nut meal – almonds, pecans, hazelnuts – your choice
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut (3/4c go into layers, 1/4c goes on top)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Simmer coconut milk with honey and vanilla over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes whisking regularly to keep it smooth until it's reduced by half. The milk should be very thick after this – see photos to the right.
Beat the egg whites in a small mixing bowl and mix in almond or other nut meal and melted butter. Pat the crust mixture down evenly in a 9 x 9 pan (ungreased – parchment paper lining works well to help remove the bars). It will be a bit sticky but keep spreading it until it's even and reaches all edges.
Layer chocolate chips, coconut, peanut butter chips and walnuts.
Drizzle condensed coconut milk over the top.
Sprinkle the top with a little bit of extra coconut.
Bake 30 minutes. Cool completely then cut into bars or mini bites.