- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or minced
- TRIFECTA Spice Blend
- 1/2 pound frozen chopped spinach, thawed, with the water squeezed out
- 4 ounces artichoke hearts, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Queso Dip or Dairy-Free Queso Dip, omit the pico de gallo
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, season lightly with TRIFECTA blend, and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the garlic has browned and the onion is translucent.
Make a well in the onion mixture and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add the spinach and artichoke hearts, lightly season with salt and pepper, and continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
Remove the pan from the heat and add queso base. Stir to combine and taste for seasonings, adjusting for salt and pepper if needed.
This dip can be served warm or at room temperature and can be reheated in a preheated 350ºF oven for 10 minutes. Store leftovers in an airtight glass container for up to a week. This recipe can be made up to a few days in advance of a party.