If you’ve ever wished you could eat something that tastes like Thanksgiving any time of the year without cooking a whole feast, here’s your chance! These tiny pork meatballs pack all the flavor of the season and are perfect with the Simple Cranberry Sauce for dipping.
- 2 lb ground pork
- 2 tablespoons ITALIAN Spice Blend
- 2 teaspoons butter, bacon fat, or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated or shredded
- 1/4 cup chestnuts, finely chopped (use walnuts or pecans if chestnuts are not available)
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the pork and ITALIAN Spice Blend until the spices are well incorporated evenly throughout the meat.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, bacon fat, or coconut oil. Place the onions, celery, and carrots in the pan, and sauté until the onions and celery appear translucent. Add the chestnuts, and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
Set the onion, celery, carrot, and chestnut mixture aside to cool until you can touch it comfortably. Then, combine the mixture with the meat, and form the pork into 24 meatballs.
Place the meatballs in an oven-safe dish or on a baking sheet, and bake approximately 25-30 minutes or until cooked all the way through.