I've loved Peanut Butter Cookies for as long as I can remember - soft & chewy, filled with peanut butter flavor. SO good.
Try to use the best quality peanut butter you can find - it really makes a difference in how these cookies taste.
You can also drizzle these with chocolate for a little extra oomph!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (unsweetened & unsalted)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (you can replace 1-2 tablespoons of this with VANILLA or CINNAMON Infused Sugars, if you like)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour of choice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips of choice, or 4oz chocolate bar to melt for drizzle (optional)
With a hand or stand mixer, beat together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and continue to beat until fully incorporated.
In a separate bowl, combine together all dry ingredients except the chocolate. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat until combined.
Refrigerate cookie dough for 30 minutes. While the dough chills, preheat your oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment. Roll dough into about 1” balls, flattening them down gently in a criss-cross pattern with a fork. Arrange 12 cookies per sheet to bake.
Bake for 10-14 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown just slightly. Allow cookies to cool, about 5 minutes.
Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second intervals, stirring between each interval until fully melted. Drizzle over cookies or dip ½ of each cookie - whichever you prefer.