Frittatas are one of the easiest ways to work veggies and extra protein into your morning, and this sausage, zucchini, & Cheddar cheese combination might be my favorite yet!
Plus, they are so versatile: Swap out the sausage for bacon. Use asparagus instead of zucchini. There are so many possibilities! Frittatas are easily one of my favorite ways to use eggs at breakfast.
This recipe also contains a few of our Balanced Bites Spice Blends - ITALIAN, TRIFECTA, and SUPER TRIFECTA - which you can shop here!
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage crumbled (or use 1/2 pound plain ground pork + 2 tablespoons Balanced Bites ITALIAN Spice Blend)
- 1 tbsp cooking fat optional
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh zucchini about 1/2-inch half circles
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp SUPER TRIFECTA Spice Blend or TRIFECTA Spice Blend
- 2 ounces Cheddar cheese shredded
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Heat an ovenproof 8-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook for 4 to 5 minutes to render some of the fat.
Add the red onion to the skillet. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the sliced zucchini and allow to cook and warm through for an additional 2 minutes.
While the vegetables are cooking, whisk the eggs in a large bowl with the milk, and Balanced Bites TRIFECTA spice blend.
Add the egg mixture to the skillet and stir in the shredded cheese.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the eggs are no longer runny, the frittata puffs up a bit, and the edges are golden brown.