My Pumpkin Bread With Chocolate Chips recipe is so simple and delicious, you'll find yourself baking this all autumn long.
I love the combination of pumpkin plus white chocolate, so that's what I used, but feel free to use your favorite milk or dark chocolate chips, nuts, or omit all together. Don't skip the sugar topping though, especially if you have my PUMPKIN SPICE infused sugar on hand - it adds the most delicious flavor & crunch to every bite.
This pumpkin bread is delicious plain, spread with butter, or you could drizzle over a cream cheese glaze (mix together 4 ounces of cream cheese with a few tablespoons of warm milk, 1-2 tablespoons of powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla, then pour over the cooled loaf.)
- 1 cup melted ghee or butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar (you can replace 2 tablespoons of this with PUMPKIN SPICE Infused Sugar, if you like)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 scant cup of pure pumpkin
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup water if using all-purpose flour or 1/4 cup water if using gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose or gluten-free flour & (I use Trader Joe's or Bob's Red Mill 1:1)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup white or dark chocolate chips or nuts
TO SPRINKLE OVER THE TOP BEFORE BAKING
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips or nuts
- PUMPKIN SPICE, CINNAMON, or VANILLA Infused Sugar
Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 9" x 5" x 2 3/4" loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with butter.
In a large bowl, beat together the ghee and sugar, then add the remaining wet ingredients and stir to combine.
Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, then add the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix to combine. Stir chocolate chips in.
Pour the batter into your lined loaf pan, then sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips along the top of the loaf and sprinkle with PUMPKIN SPICE Infused Sugar.
Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick placed into the center of the load comes out cleanly (chocolate excluded!). Your bake time will vary by your loaf pan size and oven temperature calibration.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick placed into the center of the load comes out cleanly (chocolate excluded!). Your bake time will vary by your muffin pan size and oven temperature calibration.
A full 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree will work perfectly if you are doubling the recipe to make two loaves.